Microsoft (MSFT) is engaged in developing, licensing and supporting a range of software products and services. This stock is trading up 0.9% at $30.46 in recent trading after hitting a 52-week of $30.49 earlier in the day.
Today's Range: $30.05-$30.4952-Week Range: $23.65-$30.40 Volume: 19 million Three-Month Average Volume: 54.5 million Microsoft has a market cap of $255.41 billion and an enterprise value of $215.51 billion. The stock trades at a trailing price-to-earnings of 11.03 and a forward price-to-earnings of 10.18. Its estimated growth rate for this year is -0.40%, and for next year it's pegged at 11.6%. The current short interest as a percentage of the float for Microsoft is very low at 1.3%. From a technical perspective, MSFT has started to trigger a breakout trade today now that the stock is moving above some major past overhead resistance at $30.47. That $30.47 level is the 2010 high, so this could be a significant breakout for MSFT. Market players should now watch for a sustained high-volume move and close over $30.47 to signal that MSFT wants to trend significantly higher. If we get that action soon, then look for MSFT to re-test its nest major overhead resistance level at around $36. Microsoft, one of the 5 Best-Performing Dow Stocks for 2012, shows up on a recent list of 10 Top Dividend Stocks to Own Until Retirement.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV