Vivus (VVUS) is engaged in development and commercialization of therapeutic drugs for large underserved markets, including obesity and related morbidities, such as sleep apnea and diabetes and men's sexual health. This stock is trading up 0.6% at $12.85 in recent trading after hitting a 52-week high of $13.18 earlier in the day.
Today's Range: $12.70-$13.1852-Week Range: $6.00-$12.84 Volume: 1.3 million Three-Month Average Volume: 1.75 million Vivus has a market cap of $1.15 billion and an enterprise value of $979.77 million. The stock trades at a price-to-book of 7.54. Its estimated growth rate for this year is 45.8%, and for next year it's pegged at 44.2%. The current short interest as a percentage of the float for VIVUS is rather high at 18.3%. From a technical perspective, VVUS is starting to flirt with a major breakout trade today since the stock has started to move above near-term overhead resistance at $12.84 to $12.98 on decent volume. Market players should now watch for a sustained high-volume move and close above those levels to signal that VVUS wants to trend much higher. Look for volume that's near or above 1.75 million shares if those levels are taken out. If we get that action soon, look for VVUS to re-test its 2010 high of $13.68, or possibly trade even higher.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV