Radisys® Corporation (NASDAQ: RSYS), a leading provider of embedded wireless infrastructure solutions, today announced the MPX-12000, a broadband Multimedia Resource Function (MRF) for large LTE IP Multimedia Subsystem (IMS) network deployments and the newest addition to the Radisys MRF product family. The MPX-12000, developed on Radisys 40G ATCA open platform technologies, is specifically designed to provide mobile and IMS network operators the capacities, capabilities and reliability essential for monetizing real-time wireless broadband communications, including mobile video and voice over LTE (VoLTE).
- Mobile video and data demand is predicted to increase 26-fold between 2010 and 2015 1
- Mobile video traffic could reach 66 percent of all mobile data traffic by 2015
With this explosion in mobile video traffic, mobile operators are faced with a harsh truth—when it comes to lucrative service revenues, the primary beneficiaries of this shift to mobile video are the content providers, offering over-the-top (OTT) services across the mobile operators’ data networks. Mobile operators need to monetize this mobile video growth opportunity by offering compelling, differentiated and personalized real-time audio and video mobile services that will increase average revenue per user (ARPU).
An IMS network with MPX-12000 support enables operators to monetize media flows, closing the widening gap between flat revenues and increasing CAPEX expenditures. For example, operators can capitalize on mobile traffic growth by leveraging this IMS/MRF network strategy to migrate traditional, mobile audio value-added services (VAS) to video VAS equivalents—videomail, interactive voice and video response (IVVR), video ringback tones (RBT), video streaming and video advertising. The Radisys MPX-12000 with broadband MRF support is developed specifically to achieve operators’ growth objectives and meet the mobile video service processing needs in a 4G or LTE mobile network.
“We are continuing to witness the convergence of screens and the real-time evolution of the network from voice traffic to video to two-way interactive video as mobile pipes get fatter,” said Sue Rudd, Director Service Provider Analysis, Strategy Analytics. “Radisys’ release of its MPX-12000 comes at the perfect time for operators. With its MRF media processing capacities, the MPX-12000 will enable mobile operators to offer and monetize personalized multimedia services to their LTE mobile subscribers.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV