Let's start the week with a follow-up on Rovi (ROVI), one of the stocks that we looked at last week. At the time, we were looking at an if/then trade forming in shares: If ROVI broke out above $32.50 resistance, then it made sense to buy.
Sure enough, shares broke out two days later, pushing approximately 8.5% higher and shares started to fill the gap from the beginning of November. Now the question is whether it still makes sense to hold this trade.
The short answer is yes. With the nearest overhead resistance level just shy of $40, there's still considerable room for upside in ROVI. Remember that the gap shares are filling now is essentially a void where shares haven't changed hands in the past. As a result, market participants aren't likely to try to unload their positions until they get closer to previous territory.I'd recommend shooting for that sub $40 price target in the mid-term. Rovi shows up on a list of 13 Tech Stocks to Buy in 2012.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV