BALTIMORE (Stockpickr) -- Europe's back in the spotlight again, as Greece hits another speed bump on the road to financial recovery. Greece is hand-wringing over the decision to accept a 130 billion euro stabilization package that comes with strings attached -- the terms for the rescue package include austerity measures that Greek politicians aren't agreeing to yet.
So what does all of this mean for stocks?
In late 2011, the eurozone debt debacle was a driving force in the U.S. stock market, pushing equity prices markedly lower as uncertainty in the global financial system ratcheted higher. Today, things have changed a bit. Improved investor sentiment and positive economic data are overshadowing the situation in the EU -- at least for now.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV