BUFFALO, N.Y., Feb. 7, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- M&T Bank won a total of 14 Greenwich Excellence Awards for Small Business Banking —12 national wins and two regional honors — garnering the most total awards among any of the 750 banks in the nation as rated by businesses with sales of $1 -$10 million in Greenwich Associates 2011 Small Business Banking Study.
"When local businesses succeed, we all succeed," said Janet Coletti, M&T Bank senior vice president for business banking. "Small businesses are economic engines in the communities served by M&T Bank, and we understand how important it is to serve those businesses well, to help them grow, and to help them create new jobs and new opportunities. M&T works closely with business owners, providing them not just with the capital they need, but also sharing solutions, experience and advice."
"Lending responsibly to small businesses has always been one of M&T Bank's greatest strengths, and our consistent approach is more important than ever to our customers in today's uncertain economy," said M&T Bank President Mark Czarnecki. "M&T made more than 7,500 new small business loans last year and now has a portfolio of about $5 billion to small business customers."In addition to lending directly to small business, M&T serves as a major provider of U.S. Small Business Administration loans. The sixth largest SBA lender in the United States, M&T Bank ranked as the top SBA lender in Baltimore, Buffalo, Philadelphia, Rochester, Syracuse, Washington, D.C., and Wilmington communities. M&T won national Greenwich Excellence Awards in these small business banking categories:
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV