Updated from 12:41 p.m. to reflect portfolio manager comments and updated share price..
With rumors about the new television set swirling around the blogosphere, we have decided to round up some of the more intriguing Apple TV chatter.
Channing Smith, portfolio manager at Capital Advisors Growth Fund believes an Apple-branded TV could be here as soon as this holiday season. "It could be very valuable to the Apple ecosystem. We don't doubt that the product . We think that Apple will be focused on the iPad 3 and the iPhone, but I can see it perhaps for the Christmas quarter in 2012. Apple has continued to deliver new products in new product categories, and we expect that will continue." Smith is long Apple shares and would continue buying shares at these levels.This is what consumers could expect from the device, rumored to make its debut later this year: What It Will Look Like There has been plenty of speculation about the Apple TV's appearance. Some believe it will look like a larger version of an iPad, but a major question mark still hangs over the screen size. A Best Buy (BBY) customer survey on potential Apple TV features revealed that consumers expect a 42-inch screen. There is, however, reportedly a 50-inch version of the TV in Jonny Ive's studio. There have been other rumors that the TV set would come in 32-inch and 37-inch screen sizes. The Best Buy survey also said the screen could be OLED (organic light emitting diode) and 1080p. There has also been chatter that the television set will have a screen from LG or Corning (GLW), using the company's new Gorilla Glass 2.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV