PARK RIDGE, N.J., Feb. 7, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- The Hertz Corporation ( NYSE: HTZ), the world's largest general use car rental brand, introduced "Living Journey" today, the Company's corporate sustainability strategy. Living Journey positions Hertz to be the leader in Sustainable Mobility and Equipment Solutions through various strategic initiatives that integrate sustainability best practices throughout the Company including:
- Smart Mobility—Hertz is committed to providing customers vehicle rental options that are fuel efficient and use clean, low-emissions technology such as Electric Vehicles (EVs) and hybrids.
- Environment—Hertz's goal is to minimize its environmental footprint and operating costs through efficiency improvements, resource management and renewable energy production.
- Community—Hertz is dedicated to creating a positive impact and enhancing the communities it serves by giving back through philanthropic and volunteer efforts.
"Sustainability has always been part of the culture at Hertz. We have a long-standing tradition of innovation and leadership that includes managing the environmental performance and social impacts of the Company alongside our fiscal responsibilities," said Mark P. Frissora, Chairman and CEO of Hertz. "In 2011, we made tremendous progress on Hertz's industry-leading solar generation and Electric Vehicle initiatives in addition to ongoing efforts to operate in an environmentally responsible manner at our corporate offices and rental facilities. As a continuation of our success, we are excited to introduce Living Journey which encompasses all of our efforts as an organization through partnerships, employee education and investments to reduce our impact on the environment, provide customer value, and manage our business sustainably."
Through Hertz's sustainability efforts, the Company has:
- Recycled over 50,000 IT units since 2005 which diverted 2 million tons of e-waste from landfills,
- Recycled approximately 680,000 gallons of used oil in 2011, and
- Reduced paper use by 2.8 million pounds since 2006.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV