Tootie Pie Company January Same Store Sales Up 23%
SAN ANTONIO, Feb. 7, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Tootie Pie Company, Inc. (OTCQB: TOOT) announced that its January 2012 same-store sales for its five Tootie Pie Gourmet Cafes were up 23% over January 2011. The Company also extended its consecutive monthly sales increases to 27 with sales increases in January.
Overall U.S. restaurant same-store sales were up an average of 2-3% for January, according to a recent Dow Jones story.
"This is our first opportunity to make same-store comparisons and the results show that, given just a short period of time, our Cafe model is working," said Don Merrill, President & CEO. "Customer surveys, from two different independent sources, indicate an almost 90% 'would recommend' on our Cafes and, considering we have really only been in this business for a year, I think that is outstanding."
The Company plans to open two additional Cafes in the coming weeks.About Tootie Pie Co. Tootie Pie Company bakes and sells high-quality, handmade pies through three basic sales channels: retail, corporate and wholesale. The retail segment serves individual customers through sales in its Tootie Pie Gourmet Cafes, in-store sales, orders via telephone and internet on the Company's website. The corporate segment serves businesses that purchase pies as a way to promote their company through client and employee appreciation programs. The wholesale segment is made up of national and regional broad line grocery and foodservice distributors who purchase pies and then resell them through their respective sales distribution channels. Tootie Pie Company is a public company traded on the OTCQB market under the symbol " TOOT." For additional information or to receive correspondence from Tootie Pie Company, please visit www.tootiepieco.com. Forward-Looking Statements
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV