Another bailout opponent is Mitt Romney, front-runner in the race for the Republican nomination, who told The Detroit News in September that the bailout was wrong. "They needed to move into a managed bankruptcy process rather than getting money up front by President Bush or President Obama," Romney said then. "They wasted a lot of money."
Bush told the auto dealers that said he believed in the free market. "But sometimes circumstances get in the way of philosophy," he said. "I would make the same decision again."
-- Written by Ted Reed in Charlotte, N.C.
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Ted Reed>To follow the writer on Twitter, go to http://twitter.com/tedreednc. >To contact the writer of this article, click here: Ted Reed
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV