“The Company performed exceptionally well in 2011,” said Kenneth P. Manning, Chairman, President and CEO of Sensient Technologies Corporation. “We achieved record revenue and earnings for the second consecutive year, made substantial investments in our operations, reduced debt and increased the dividend to shareholders. We continue to see opportunities for growth and I am optimistic about the Company’s future.”
The Color Group reported revenue of $112.8 million in the fourth quarter compared to $113.3 million in the fourth quarter of 2010. Operating income in the quarter increased 10.6% to $20.3 million over the $18.4 million reported last year. Foreign currency translation reduced revenue by 2% and operating income by 1% in the fourth quarter. The operating income growth was primarily driven by our North American operations and our continued focus on the natural color market. As a result of this strong performance, the fourth quarter operating margin increased 180 basis points over the comparable period in 2010.
Annual revenue for the Color Group reached a record $491.9 million in 2011, an increase of 9.9% over the $447.5 million in 2010. Operating income grew to $90.2 million in 2011, also a record level and up 16.6% from the $77.4 million reported in 2010. Foreign currency translation increased both revenue and operating income by approximately 3% for the year. The Color Group’s operating margin increased 100 basis points to 18.3% in 2011.The Flavors & Fragrances Group reported fourth quarter revenue of $206.3 million compared to the $206.1 million in the same quarter last year. Operating income for the quarter was $32.2 million, a 9.3% increase over the $29.4 million reported in the comparable period of 2010. Foreign currency translation reduced both revenue and operating income by approximately 1% in the quarter. The U.S. flavor businesses drove the solid operating profit growth.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV