- Net loss was $2.9 million or $0.13 per share. This compares to a net loss of $12.2 million or $0.54 per share in last year’s first quarter. Excluding the impact of impairment charges and loss on extinguishment of debt, the net loss for the first quarter of fiscal 2012 was $2.6 million or $0.11 per share (see reconciliation below).
- Adjusted EBITDA was $43.8 million, compared to $32.1 million a year ago.
- Comparable store merchandise revenue increased 2.0%.
- Merchandise gross margin was 33.2%, compared to 33.5% a year ago.
- Fuel gross profit was $55.9 million, compared to $50.7 million a year ago.
- Long-term debt was reduced by $44.1 million in the first quarter of fiscal 2012. Additionally, $33.9 million of the 3% convertible notes were repurchased in the second quarter of fiscal 2012 bringing the year-to-date total reduction to $78.0 million.
The Pantry Announces First Quarter Fiscal 2012 Financial Results
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Portfolio Manager Jim Cramer and Director of Research Jack Mohr reveal their investment tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
David Peltier uncovers low dollar stocks with serious upside potential that are flying under Wall Street's radar.
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
David Peltier identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.