- Net loss was $2.9 million or $0.13 per share. This compares to a net loss of $12.2 million or $0.54 per share in last year’s first quarter. Excluding the impact of impairment charges and loss on extinguishment of debt, the net loss for the first quarter of fiscal 2012 was $2.6 million or $0.11 per share (see reconciliation below).
- Adjusted EBITDA was $43.8 million, compared to $32.1 million a year ago.
- Comparable store merchandise revenue increased 2.0%.
- Merchandise gross margin was 33.2%, compared to 33.5% a year ago.
- Fuel gross profit was $55.9 million, compared to $50.7 million a year ago.
- Long-term debt was reduced by $44.1 million in the first quarter of fiscal 2012. Additionally, $33.9 million of the 3% convertible notes were repurchased in the second quarter of fiscal 2012 bringing the year-to-date total reduction to $78.0 million.
The Pantry Announces First Quarter Fiscal 2012 Financial Results
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts