Beam Inc Stock Upgraded (BEAM)
- The current debt-to-equity ratio, 0.47, is low and is below the industry average, implying that there has been successful management of debt levels.
- The gross profit margin for BEAM INC is rather high; currently it is at 57.20%. It has increased significantly from the same period last year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 14.80% trails the industry average.
- BEAM INC has improved earnings per share by 10.9% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, BEAM INC reported lower earnings of $1.19 versus $2.66 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($2.35 versus $1.19).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the Beverages industry average, but is less than that of the S&P 500. The net income increased by 10.2% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $85.40 million to $94.10 million.
- BEAM, with its very weak revenue results, has greatly underperformed against the industry average of 12.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues plummeted by 62.6%. The declining revenue has not hurt the company's bottom line, with increasing earnings per share.
-- Written by a member of TheStreet RatingsStaff
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV