Fourth quarter year-over-year operating margin improved 160 basis points when normalized for restructuring charges and the impact of the 2011 acquisitions. Cash flow came in at an impressive 155 percent of net income. Our fourth quarter organic sales grew 7 percent, which was partially attributed to several large orders that shipped from our backlog.
Our team executed well to deliver a strong fourth quarter. However, the external market environment remains volatile as we continue to see a shift to shorter order cycle patterns, including historical blanket orders being replaced by near-term orders. In spite of this, our first quarter order book has filled up nicely and we are well positioned heading into 2012.
Looking forward, we see mid-single digit organic growth in 2012. We will continue to focus on emerging regions and our high growth markets. Also, we will continue our restructuring and operational excellence efforts to consolidate our manufacturing footprint and drive productivity.
Based on our outlook for the year 2012, we forecast fully diluted EPS of $2.74 to $2.82, up 7 to 10 percent over 2011; this includes a 10 cent per share impact due to higher interest expense from the fourth quarter 2011 debt issuance. Our projected first quarter EPS is in the range of 62 to 64 cents, up 9 to 12 percent on a fully diluted basis.”
|Andrew K. Silvernail|
|Chairman and Chief Executive Officer|
- Sales in the fourth quarter of $214 million reflected an 8 percent increase (all organic) compared to the fourth quarter of 2010.
- Operating margin of 19.7 percent represented an 80 basis point improvement compared to the fourth quarter of 2010 primarily due to higher volume.
- Sales in the fourth quarter of $168 million reflected a 51 percent increase compared to the fourth quarter of 2010 (+7 percent organic and +44 percent acquisitions).
- Operating margin of 19.5 percent represented a 280 basis point decrease compared to the fourth quarter of 2010 primarily due to the current year acquisitions impact.
- Sales in the fourth quarter of $24 million reflected a 1 percent decrease (all foreign currency translation) compared to the fourth quarter of 2010.
- Operating margin of 3.7 percent represented a 20 basis point decrease compared to the fourth quarter of 2010 primarily due to product mix.
- Sales in the fourth quarter of $76 million reflected a 6 percent increase (all organic) compared to the fourth quarter of 2010.
- Operating margin of 28.1 percent represented a 150 basis point improvement compared to the fourth quarter of 2010 primarily due to volume and productivity.
- Fluid & Metering Technologies
- Health & Science Technologies
- Fire & Safety/Diversified Products
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV