- Orders increased 18 percent compared to the prior year (+7 percent organic, +9 percent acquisition and +2 percent for foreign currency translation).
- Sales increased 22 percent compared to the prior year (+9 percent organic, +11 percent acquisition and +2 percent for foreign currency translation).
- Reported net income of $194 million was $37 million, or 23 percent, higher than the prior year. Excluding restructuring related charges and a $15.8 million CVI Melles Griot non-cash acquisition fair value inventory charge, adjusted net income of $214 million was $49 million, or 30 percent, higher than the prior-year adjusted net income.
- Reported diluted EPS of $2.32 was 42 cents, or 22 percent, higher than the prior year. Adjusted EPS of $2.56 was 57 cents, or 29 percent, higher than the prior-year adjusted EPS.
- Adjusted EBITDA of $404 million was 22 percent of sales and covered interest expense by more than 13 times.
- Adjusted free cash flow of $226 million (adjusted for $39 million forward starting interest rate swap settlement in Q4) represented 117 percent of net income.
IDEX Corporation Reports Record 2011 Results; Adjusted Fourth Quarter Earnings Per Share Of 65 Cents
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.