- Orders increased 18 percent compared to the prior year (+7 percent organic, +9 percent acquisition and +2 percent for foreign currency translation).
- Sales increased 22 percent compared to the prior year (+9 percent organic, +11 percent acquisition and +2 percent for foreign currency translation).
- Reported net income of $194 million was $37 million, or 23 percent, higher than the prior year. Excluding restructuring related charges and a $15.8 million CVI Melles Griot non-cash acquisition fair value inventory charge, adjusted net income of $214 million was $49 million, or 30 percent, higher than the prior-year adjusted net income.
- Reported diluted EPS of $2.32 was 42 cents, or 22 percent, higher than the prior year. Adjusted EPS of $2.56 was 57 cents, or 29 percent, higher than the prior-year adjusted EPS.
- Adjusted EBITDA of $404 million was 22 percent of sales and covered interest expense by more than 13 times.
- Adjusted free cash flow of $226 million (adjusted for $39 million forward starting interest rate swap settlement in Q4) represented 117 percent of net income.
IDEX Corporation Reports Record 2011 Results; Adjusted Fourth Quarter Earnings Per Share Of 65 Cents
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts