For investors who aren't fully convinced that the U.S. is on the cusp of a jobs boom, On Assignment (ASGN) is a more conservative play. The company provides staffing in health care, biotech research, engineering and other niches that aren't economically sensitive. That focus is what the company calls the "math and science" niche.
Management tends to downplay expectations as evidenced by the fact that On Assignment has topped EPS estimates by at least 14% for four straight quarters. This staffing firm will release quarterly results on Feb. 14, and if history is any guide, an upside surprise may be in the offing.
Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV