Robert Half International
Thanks to a focus on professional staffing, especially in IT, Robert Half International (RHI) never took a deep hit from the economic slowdown as companies preserved spending on hard-to-replace technology staffers. As a result, sales rose from $3.2 billion in 2010 to $3.8 billion in 2011.
Still, that's well below the $4.6 billion in sales that Robert Half took in back in 2006 and 2007. EPS of around $1 in 2011 is roughly half of what the company earned a half-decade ago.Might Friday's jobs report be putting Robert Half on a path back to peak performance? Well, the national unemployment rate would need to move below 7% for that to happen, as that is when job-hopping really kicks in. In addition to its exposure to the IT field, Robert Half has a strong reputation among accounting and finance clients. The company maintains a strong network of relationships with existing professionals, and can offer prospective employers a wide range of choices. "Knowing that Robert Half has a quality supply of resources, employers often use it as the vendor of choice for their staffing needs. These factors feed upon each other to create one of the most formidable job networks and narrow economic moats in the staffing industry," note analysts at Morningstar. Robert Half shows up on a list of 5 Staffing Companies With Upside in 2012.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV