Updated from 5:01 p.m. ET for latest share prices, additional information about PMC-Sierra, Veeco Instruments, and Standard Pacific.
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Shares of Yum! Brands (YUM) rose in late trades on Monday after the quick-service restaurant operator beat Wall Street's expectations for its fourth-quarter results amid strong sales growth in China.
Yum!, whose restaurant brands include KFC, Taco Bell and Pizza Hut, also said it expects to meet or exceed its target for earnings per share growth of at least 10% in 2012.
The Louisville, Ky.-based company posted earnings excluding items of $535 million, or 75 cents a share, for the December-ended period on revenue of $4.11 billion, ahead of the average estimate of analysts polled by Thomson Reuters for earnings of 74 cents a share on revenue of $4.03 billion in the quarter.
CoinstarA busy day for Coinstar (CSTR) got even more eventful after the closing bell as the company reported stellar fourth-quarter results along with a deal to acquire NCR Corp.'s (NCR) entertainment business, which includes DVD kiosks and inventory, among other assets. The after-hours news following an announcement of a streaming content joint venture with Verizon (VZ) early Monday.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV