Fabrinet (NYSE: FN), a provider of precision optical, electro-mechanical and electronic manufacturing services to original equipment manufacturers of complex products, today announced its financial results for the second quarter of fiscal 2012, ended December 30, 2011.
Fabrinet reported total revenue of $96.6 million for the second quarter of fiscal 2012, a decrease of 47.7% compared to revenue of $184.6 million for the comparable period in fiscal 2011. GAAP net loss in the second quarter was $(33.3) million, or $(0.96) per diluted share, a decrease of 310.4% compared to GAAP net income of $15.8 million, or $0.46 per diluted share in the second quarter of 2011. Non-GAAP net income in the second quarter was $6.2 million, or $0.18 per diluted share, a decrease of 63.6% compared to non-GAAP net income of 17.0 million, or $0.49 per share in the second quarter of 2011.
Tom Mitchell, Chief Executive Officer of Fabrinet, said, “Following the most severe flooding season of the last century in Thailand, I’m pleased to report that we are executing on a strong recovery plan. We are grateful to our employees, who overcame great personal hardship and loss, to undertake extraordinary efforts to protect and restore the equipment and inventory of our customers, and to our customers for their ongoing confidence and close collaboration during these trying times. We are making solid progress and look forward to getting back to business as usual.”
John Marchetti, Chief Strategy Officer, and Mark Schwartz, Chief Financial Officer, will be available to meet investors in upcoming weeks at the following conferences –
- February 9th at the Stifel Conference in Dana Point, CA at 1:05pm PT
- February 14th at the Deutsche Bank Small Mid Cap Conference in South Beach, FL
- February 27th at the Morgan Stanley Conference in San Francisco, CA at 3:40pm PT
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV