Badger Meter, Inc. (NYSE: BMI) today reported results for the fourth quarter and year ended December 31, 2011.
Fourth Quarter 2011 Highlights
- Net sales were $60,710,000 for the fourth quarter of 2011, a 6.4% decrease from sales of $64,843,000 for the fourth quarter of 2010.
- Net earnings were $1,187,000 for the fourth quarter of 2011, compared to record net earnings of $6,258,000 for the fourth quarter of 2010.
- Diluted earnings per share were $0.08 for the fourth quarter of 2011, compared to $0.42 for the fourth quarter of 2010.
Full Year 2011 Highlights
- Net sales were $262,915,000 for 2011, a 5.0% decrease from sales of $276,634,000 in 2010.
- Net earnings were $19,161,000 for 2011, compared to record earnings of $28,662,000 in 2010.
- Diluted earnings per share were $1.27 for 2011, compared to $1.91 in 2010.
Operations Review“As we anticipated, the slowdown in spending by customers in the municipal water market that has been impacting our results since the beginning of 2011 continued in the fourth quarter. Water utilities are taking longer to make purchasing decisions because of uncertainties about the economy and potential budget reductions,” said Richard A. Meeusen, chairman, president and chief executive officer of Badger Meter. “The lower municipal water market sales are an industry-wide phenomenon and as a result, we believe our market share has not changed significantly.” Meeusen said higher sales of the majority of the company’s specialty and industrial products somewhat offset the decline in sales to municipal water utilities. “Sales of electromagnetic and industrial flow meters, Research Control® valves and concrete products were all up in the fourth quarter. Fourth quarter sales also included Remag AG, which was acquired in January 2011,” added Meeusen.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV