BASi (NASDAQ:BASI) has opened its new Discovery Center, located at its corporate headquarters in the Purdue Research Park of West Lafayette. The purpose-built facility is designed to provide pharmaceutical and biotech companies with the information they need to evaluate new compounds in the earliest stages of development.
The lab features the Culex ® automated in vivo sampling system that provides multiple streams of data from stress-reduced subjects and allows for rapid decisions based on more accurate information.
"Our unique discovery in vivo service offers a high value option for our discovery customers in generating tight, reliable data, which makes for better predictive decisions," said John Devine, vice president of non-clinical services.
The facility has 4,800 square feet of dedicated research space and state-of-the-art environmental systems to maintain and monitor lab conditions."Clients will get faster study and sample analysis turnaround because of our in-house bioanalytical facilities," Devine said. "It also reduces sample storage and shipping costs." The discovery center is part of BASi’s plan to expand its capabilities in drug discovery to meet client demand. The company also renovated a building at its preclinical toxicology site in Evansville, Ind. The improvements provide scientists with more flexibility with space to complete multiple studies. About BASi BASi is a drug discovery and development services company providing contract research services and instruments to the world's leading pharmaceutical companies and medical research organizations. The company, based in the Purdue Research Park, focuses on developing innovative services and products that increase efficiency and reduce the cost of taking new and generic drugs to market. Visit www.BASInc.com for more about BASi.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV