Each of these stocks received a buy rating from TheStreet Ratings.
The media company is scheduled to report its second-quarter results on Wednesday. Analysts, on average, anticipate earnings of 34 cents a share."We estimate EBIT [earnings before interest and taxes] of $1.471b, up +14% and modestly above consensus, driven by Film (+59%), TV (+14%), Cable Nets (+15%), Sky Italia improving $29m Y/Y and Other improving $56m Y/Y, while Print deteriorates -38% (to only 16% of EBIT down from 26% just 4 yrs ago)," Deutsche Bank analysts wrote in a report on Saturday. Shares of News Corp hit a 52-week high of $20.16 on Monday. The stock's 52-week low of $13.83 was set on Aug. 9. News Corp has a forward price-to-earnings ratio of 11.89X, which is about half of the 22.50X average for broadcasting and entertainment companies. Time Warner (TWX) has a 12.02X forward P/E. Of the eight analysts who cover the company, five rated it a buy. The remaining three called it a hold. TheStreet Ratings gives News Corp a B+ grade and has a $22.84 price target on the shares. The stock has risen 10.67% year to date.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV