The Michigan energy company is scheduled to report its fourth-quarter results on Feb. 23. Analysts, on average, expect earnings of 15 cents a share on revenue of $2.03 billion."CMS trades at a 4% discount to its regulated peer group," Bank of America Merrill Lynch analysts wrote in a Jan. 29 report. "We believe this discount should go away given its quality regulated earnings, healthy yield, and above average earnings and dividend growth rate." Forward Annual Dividend Yield:4.4% Rated "A- (Buy)" by TheStreet Ratings: The company's third-quarter gross profit margin was basically the same as the previous year. CMS has weak liquidity. Its Quick Ratio is 0.64, which demonstrates a lack of ability to meet its short-term cash needs. In the third quarter, stockholders' net worth increased 7.71% from the prior year. TheStreet Ratings' price target is $26.21. The stock closed Monday at $21.80. It has dropped 1.27% year to date.
Olin The alkali products company reported last month fourth-quarter earnings of $18.7 million, or 23 cents a share, an increase from year-earlier earnings of $2 million, or 2 cents. "Although OLN continues to enjoy a cost advantage due to a steep global chlor-alkali cost curve, we see rising freight costs as a risk given that ECU (chlorine + caustic) pricing could stagnate," Bank of America Merrill Lynch analysts wrote in a Jan. 31 report. Forward Annual Dividend Yield: 3.5% Rated "A- (Buy)" by TheStreet Ratings: The company's fourth-quarter gross profit margin increased from the previous year. Olin has average liquidity. Its Quick Ratio is 1.36, which demonstrates it can technically meet its short-term cash needs. In the fourth quarter, stockholders' net worth increased 19.01% from the prior year. TheStreet Ratings' price target is $25.91. The stock closed Monday at $22.67. The stock has increased 15.37% year to date.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV