UniSource Energy Services is unveiling a new program that allows electric customers to buy solar energy directly from two recently completed solar generating systems in Mohave County.
The systems’ combined 1.7 megawatt (MW) output will be sold directly to customers through UES’ new Bright Arizona Community Solar program. Beginning this month, energy from the arrays will be available to UES electric customers in 150 kilowatt-hour (kWh) “blocks” that will add $3 apiece to monthly bills. Customers can purchase some or all of their energy through the program, reducing or eliminating their use of conventional power for an affordable price.
“Electric customers who want to power their home or business with solar energy can now stake their claim to the output of these solar power systems,” said Paul Bonavia, Chairman and CEO of UES and its parent company, UniSource Energy Corporation (NYSE: UNS). “While investing in your own rooftop solar power system is still a great option, the Bright Arizona Community Solar program offers an easy, affordable way to go green by essentially sharing solar arrays with other electric customers.”
For 2012, UES has 1,720 blocks of solar energy available for purchase from two solar systems:
- The 1.22 MW single-axis tracking photovoltaic (PV) array at La Senita Elementary School in Kingman. The array, UES’ first utility-scale renewable energy system, was built by Tucson-based SOLON Corp. and features more than 5,000 solar panels.
- A 500-kilowatt solar array developed as part of Western Wind Energy’s integrated wind and solar system southwest of Kingman.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV