NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- For Facebook, which will carry a ticker symbol of FB, to receive a $100 billion valuation when it makes its IPO debut, investors will have to make a lot of assumptions about their future growth.
Do you remember when we were going to run out of oil in 1980?
Or what about solar energy and wind power? Remember when that was going to be the wave of the future?How about when every TV spot had "AOL Keyword:...." in it? Or when Rupert Murdoch was so smart for buying MySpace for "only" $550 million? Or how about when all the U.S. banks had to be nationalized back in 2009 and the world was going to end? And then Ben Bernanke was debasing the U.S. dollar by running the printing presses and gold was going to go to $10,000 an ounce?
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV