Energy XXI (EXXI) is an independent oil and natural gas exploration and production company with operations focused in the United States Gulf Coast and the Gulf of Mexico. This stock is trading up 4.6% at $36.75 in recent trading.
Today's Volume: 895,000Average Volume: 867,737 Volume % Change: 86% From a technical standpoint, EXXI is trading up sharply today on decent volume above some past overhead resistance at $35.36 to $35.41. This move now setups EXXI to re-test its 2011 high of $37.20. If we get that re-test soon, then traders should look to play the breakout above $37.20 if it comes on high-volume. Look for volume on a move above $37.20 that registers near or well above 867,737 shares. If we get that action, then this stock has a great chance to re-test its all-time high of around $40. Energy XXI shows up on a recent list of 4 Upgraded, Undervalued Stocks.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV