AeroVironment (AVAV) is engaged in the design, development, production and support of unmanned aircraft systems and efficient energy systems for various industries and governmental agencies. The stock is trading up 5.3% at $30.29 in recent trading.
Today's Volume: 410,000Average Volume: 173,032 Volume % Change: 391% From a technical standpoint, AVAV has started to spike sharply back above its 50-day and 200-day moving averages today on heavy volume. Traders should watch for AVAV to sustain a high-volume move and close above some near-term overhead resistance at $33.34 to $34.28. If we get that action soon, then AVAV has a chance to make a run at its July high of $36.49. Look for volume on a move above $33.34 to $34.28 that registers near or above 173,032 shares.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV