TiVo (TIVO) is a developer and provider of software, hardware, and services. The stock is trading up 4% at $11.68 in recent trading.
Today's Volume: 3.6 millionAverage Volume: 2.2 million Volume % Change: 280% Shares of TiVo are ripping higher today after an article in Barron's made the case that it is undervalued and could be a takeover target. The article said that TIVO could be an attractive buyout target for Google (GOOG), Microsoft (MSFT) and others with possible deal price in the mid-$20s. >>5 Big Stocks to Trade for February Gains From a technical standpoint, TiVo is gapping up strong today and breaking out above some past overhead resistance at $11.27 to 11.333 on heavy volume. Market players should now watch for the next breakout to trigger once TiVo takes out $12.65 with volume. Look for volume that's near or above 2,244,710 shares if $12.65 is taken out on a closing basis. If we get that action, then TiVo will have a have a chance to fill a big gap down in price from $17.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV