5 Rocket Stocks to Buy for February
Broadcom (BRCM) designs and sells semiconductors, providing solutions to electronics manufacturers who are looking for set functionality out of a single chip. The growth of mobile phones and other "connected" consumer technologies (such as households' set-top boxes) has been a major growth catalyst for Broadcom in the last few years, helping to spur significant revenue and profit growth throughout the recession.
One of the most attractive attributes about Broadcom's model is the fact that the company doesn't own its own production facilities. Instead, it outsources those tasks to third parties.While that decision does expose the company to some added risks, it also means that the company doesn't have to carry the costs of extremely expensive manufacturing facilities on its balance sheet. That means that Broadcom is more able to weather economic downturns than most of its peers. With the company's products on the right side of a major trend, and a handful of analyst events slated for February, this stock has plenty of opportunities to ratchet higher in the near-term. We're betting on BRCM this week. Broadcom shows up on recent lists of 5 Stocks Analysts Think Could Rise and Goldman Sachs' 7 Semiconductor Picks.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV