Broadcom (BRCM) designs and sells semiconductors, providing solutions to electronics manufacturers who are looking for set functionality out of a single chip. The growth of mobile phones and other "connected" consumer technologies (such as households' set-top boxes) has been a major growth catalyst for Broadcom in the last few years, helping to spur significant revenue and profit growth throughout the recession.
One of the most attractive attributes about Broadcom's model is the fact that the company doesn't own its own production facilities. Instead, it outsources those tasks to third parties.While that decision does expose the company to some added risks, it also means that the company doesn't have to carry the costs of extremely expensive manufacturing facilities on its balance sheet. That means that Broadcom is more able to weather economic downturns than most of its peers. With the company's products on the right side of a major trend, and a handful of analyst events slated for February, this stock has plenty of opportunities to ratchet higher in the near-term. We're betting on BRCM this week. Broadcom shows up on recent lists of 5 Stocks Analysts Think Could Rise and Goldman Sachs' 7 Semiconductor Picks.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV