Bed Bath & Beyond
Bed Bath & Beyond (BBBY) has had a major run in the last year, rallying more than 30% while other retailers got hammered by weak consumer sentiment. Now, with rising expectations among Wall Street analysts, this 1,000-store home furnishings store is primed to make a repeat performance in 2012.
Much of Bed Bath & Beyond's success can be attributed to its unique stores. The firm's flagship franchise is renowned for its merchandising prowess, and more nascent store chains like Buy Buy Baby and Christmas Tree Shops are following in its footsteps. BBBY should be a major beneficiary of increasing consumer spending in 2012 -- and the firm's international growth initiatives are likely to continue to heat up this year as well.From a financial standpoint, Bed Bath & Beyond is in stellar shape. The firm has historically used its own cash to build new stores, a strategy that avoided the super-expansionary downfall of many rivals during the recession and left the company with a spotless, debt-free balance sheet. With plenty of dry powder on hand, BBBY is in good shape to keep up with its strategy this year. Bed Bath & Beyond shows up on a list of 10 S&P 500 Stocks for 2012.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV