5) Aerospace Manufacturing Preview
This week is a key week for earnings from aerospace and defense companies, with a slew of names speaking at investor conferences. The rundown for earning reports includes TransDigm (TDG) on Tuesday, Spirit AeroSystems (SPR) on Thursday and FLIR Systems (FLIR) on Friday. The analysts at UBS have a mixed preview of the stocks.
TransDigm beat estimates earlier today, reporting earnings, excluding items, of $1.42 a share compared to the forecast of $1.25 a share. Sales rose 51% to $352 million, north of the $345.8 million forecast. As expected, the company raised its guidance for 2012 in light of its closed acquisition of Harco.
Prior to Tuesday's earnings report,
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV