MINNEAPOLIS, Feb. 6, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Honeywell (NYSE: HON) today filed a patent infringement lawsuit against Nest Labs, Inc. in the United States District Court for the District of Minnesota. The lawsuit alleges infringement of seven Honeywell patents related to its thermostat technology.
The patents are related to, among other things, simplified methods for operating and programming a thermostat including the use of natural language, user interfaces that facilitate programming and energy savings, a thermostat's inner design, an electric circuit used to divert power from the user's home electrical system to provide power to a thermostat, and controlling a thermostat with information stored in a remote location.
Specifically, the complaint asserts infringement of the following patents:
- U.S. Patent No. 7,634,504 – "Natural Language Installer Set Up for Controller"
- U.S. Patent No. 7,142,948 – "Controller Interface with Dynamic Schedule Display"
- U.S. Patent No. 7,584,899 – "HVAC Controller"
- U.S. Patent No. 7,159,789 – "Thermostat with Mechanical User Interface"
- U.S. Patent No. 7,159,790 – "Thermostat with Offset Drive"
- U.S. Patent No. 7,476,988 – "Power Stealing Control Devices"
- U.S. Patent No. 6,975,958 – "Profile Based Method for Deriving a Temperature Setpoint Using a 'Delta' Based On Cross-Indexing a Received Price-Point Level Signal."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV