5 Top Cities for Real Estate Investors in 2012
Second-best market: Kansas City, Kan.
Projected 2012 price gains: 5.8%
"After experiencing one of the hardest-hit markets in the country in terms of foreclosures, Kansas City is recovering from its downturn in housing more quickly than most other areas of the country," Colpitts says.
He says record-high prices for corn and other crops "are pushing home prices higher and are projected to sustain through 2012."
Located across the state line from Kansas City, Mo., Kansas City, Kan., is home to Associated Wholesale Grocers and Kansas City Steak.General Motors (GM) also operates its Fairfax Assembly Plant is in the 145,700-person city, cranking out Chevrolet Malibus and Buick LaCrosses.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV