5 Top Cities for Real Estate Investors in 2012
Fourth-best market: Charleston, W.Va.
Projected 2012 price gains: 4.5%
"Charleston is one of those rare places that has suffered for so long that it's reviving because of retirees moving to the area for a lower cost of living," Colpitts says. "That will boost the market for investors."
West Virginia's capital city hosts lots of state agencies, as well as Appalachian Power, Mountaineer Gas and other large companies.
The University of Charleston and West Virginia State University are also major employers in the 304,000-person metro area.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV