IRVING, Texas, Feb. 3, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Commercial Metals Company (the "Company") (NYSE: CMC) announced today the preliminary voting results of its Annual Meeting of Stockholders, held February 3, 2012, in Irving, Texas.
The Company's stockholders elected the following three directors to serve as directors until the 2015 Annual Meeting of Stockholders and until their successors are elected:
- Harold L. Adams — Chairman Emeritus of RTKL Associates, Inc. of Baltimore, Maryland; director of Legg Mason, Inc. and Lincoln Electric Holdings, Inc. Mr. Adams sits on the Company's Audit and Finance Committees.
- Joseph Alvarado — President and Chief Executive Officer of the Company; director of Spectra Energy Corp.
- Anthony A. Massaro — Chairman of the Board of Directors; former Chairman and CEO of Lincoln Electric Holdings, Inc.; director of PNC Financial Services Group, Inc. Mr. Massaro is a member of the Company's Audit and Nominating and Corporate Governance Committees.
The stockholders also approved the following three proposals:
- a proposal to ratify the appointment of Deloitte & Touche LLP as the Company's independent registered public accounting firm for the fiscal year ending August 31, 2012;
- a proposal to approve, on an advisory, non-binding basis, the compensation of the Company's named executive officers as disclosed in the Company's proxy statement for the 2012 Annual Meeting; and
- an advisory, non-binding proposal to hold an advisory vote on executive compensation every year.
Commercial Metals Company and its subsidiaries manufacture, recycle and market steel and metal products, related materials and services through a network including steel minimills, steel fabrication and processing plants, construction-related product warehouses, a copper tube mill, metal recycling facilities and marketing and distribution offices in the United States and in strategic international markets.
SOURCE Commercial Metals Company
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV