Turning now to the full year, as outlined on Slide 4, overall results were solid despite the external challenges. Total company assets under management were $335 billion at the end of the year, up 5% over year end 2010. Total company earnings for 2011 improved 4% over 2010 to $878 million, the second highest operating earnings on record, driven by strong sales and enhanced efforts around client retention.
Let me highlight some of the outstanding growth metrics from 2011. Full Service Accumulation full year sales of $8.4 billion were the second highest ever and were 27% higher than 2010 sales. We saw sales growth across all distribution channels and across all plan sizes. Full year net cash flows in Full Service accumulation were $3.8 billion compared to $600 million for full year 2010. This means net cash flow was 3.5%, a beginning of year account value which is close to flows prior to the financial crisis. Additionally, the pipeline has returned to precrisis levels and is up 25% compared to the same period in 2010.
Principal Funds once again had record sales of $11.2 billion for the year, up 20%, resulting in record net cash flows of $2.2 billion for the year against industry flows which were neutral.
Principal Global Investors had $11 billion in mandates awarded in 2011. As of year end, $3 billion had yet to fund, giving us the opportunity for strong net flows in 2012.Read the rest of this transcript for free on seekingalpha.com
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV