Appleton, a professional stunt plane pilot and former motocross racer, was the only person in the plane when it crashed at the Boise airport.
|Micron Technology CEO Steve Appleton dies|
Ada County dispatch received reports of a small plane that was on fire before it landed. Airport spokeswoman Patti Miller said the airplane is a fixed-wing, single-engine Lancair.
The company's stock has been halted until the company provides further information.Appleton joined Micron, based in Boise, in 1983. He was appointed to CEO in June 2007. Micron COO Mark Duran announced late last month that he would be stepping down in August, raising questions about the company's leadership going forward. Shares of Micron have jumped 27% year-to-date to around $7.95. -- Written by Olivia Oran in New York. The Associated Press contributed to this report. >To follow the writer on Twitter, go to http://twitter.com/Ozoran. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV