The following commentary comes from an independent investor or market observer as part of TheStreet's guest contributor program, which is separate from the company's news coverage.
NEW YORK ( Trefis) -- OpenTable (OPEN) will release its fourth-quarter results on Tuesday, Feb. 7. Results could show the impact of diners holding back on going out. Since it went public, OpenTable beat investor expectation by huge margins repeatedly before slumping in the early part of last year. In the last six months it has recovered about 30%. OpenTable competes in the online restaurant reservation business with Urbanspoon as well as the UK-based companies liveRES Ltd and Livebookings Ltd.
Despite the expected lull in earnings for Q4 2011, we stick to our
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV