The molecular diagnostic company reported last month second-quarter earnings of $28.3 million, or 33 cents a share. Earnings increased 17% from the previous year.Myriad Genetics' estimated P/E for next year is 16.7. The average forward P/E among biotechnology companies is 44.38. United Therapeutics (UTHR) had a forward P/E of 7.81. Of Myriad Genetics' Prolaris presentation at the ASCO-GU conference Thursday, Oppenheimer analysts wrote in a report Thursday, "MYGN is ramping up its sales force, doubling the size to 20, as mgmt believes prostate cancer to represent a large opportunity with an annual incidence of 241k pre-prostatectomy patients and a prevalence of 1M post-prostatectomy patients. Initial launch is planned in the pre-prostatectomy indication, with payor talks ongoing." Eleven of the 20 analysts who cover the company rated it a buy. Nine considered it a hold. TheStreet Ratings gives Myriad a B- grade with a $27.69 price target. The stock closed Thursday at $23.66 and has increased 15% year to date. >>To see these stocks in action, visit the 4 Upgraded, Undervalued Stocks portfolio on Stockpickr.
The following companies also received upgrades to buy from TheStreet Ratings Friday.
- Hyatt Hotels: (H) B- grade from TheStreet Ratings and a $49.61 price target. The stock closed Thursday at $42.84.
- Intersil: (ISIL) B grade from TheStreet Ratings and a $13.48 price target. The stock closed Thursday at $11.02.
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Alexandra Zendrian >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com. >To follow the writer on Twitter, go to Alexandra Zendrian.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV