Marchex, Inc. (NASDAQ:MCHX), today announced the results of a Marchex Institute analysis of emerging call advertising trends for the auto industry. This data has unveiled several opportunities for auto dealerships to dramatically improve sales.
As a leading provider of call tracking and analytics to businesses, including auto dealers and marketers, Marchex helps its customers gain a deeper understanding of inbound customer phone calls to increase sales close rates and customer service performance.
Based on an internal sampling of call data for auto industry customers, Marchex has found:
- More than 70% of product or service calls to auto dealers mention a vehicle make and model
- More than 40% of callers provide their contact information
- More than 25% of total calls to auto dealers go unanswered (or go straight to voicemail)
Additionally, customers from other industries that leverage the Marchex Call Analytics offering have reported:
- An increase in daily revenue. Customers have reported increases in daily revenue as high as 30% by using Marchex Call Analytics’ call analysis capabilities to screen phone calls and identify missed sales opportunities
- A significant lift in advertising ROI. New customers of Marchex Call Analytics have experienced as much as a 100% increase in advertising ROI by leveraging call tracking and analytics capabilities to accurately measure calls as a key conversion metric from their online and offline advertising campaigns