Metals USA Holdings Corp Stock Upgraded (MUSA)
- METALS USA HOLDINGS CORP reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. This trend suggests that the performance of the business is improving. During the past fiscal year, METALS USA HOLDINGS CORP increased its bottom line by earning $1.72 versus $0.31 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.97 versus $1.72).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Metals & Mining industry. The net income increased by 351.6% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $3.10 million to $14.00 million.
- Currently the debt-to-equity ratio of 1.82 is quite high overall and when compared to the industry average, suggesting that the current management of debt levels should be re-evaluated. Regardless of the company's weak debt-to-equity ratio, MUSA has managed to keep a strong quick ratio of 1.59, which demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- The gross profit margin for METALS USA HOLDINGS CORP is currently extremely low, coming in at 7.20%. Regardless of MUSA's low profit margin, it has managed to increase from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, MUSA's net profit margin of 3.10% is significantly lower than the same period one year prior.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.