This strategy we outlined at the beginning of 2011 led us to make the right acquisitions at the right price with the right financial structure to achieve them. We began the year with a pledge to sharpen our focus on our best opportunity and ended with evidence that we had done so. In the first several months after my becoming CEO, we assessed the scale, competitive position and economics of all our businesses and determined our future strategic direction.
We determine to continue forward as a leading provider of addressing, routing and policy management, expanding into addressing for anything distributed digitally. In addition, we determine to utilize the data created in this business to create a second core business, real time information and analytics based on that addressing, routing and policy management core.
As part of this strategic effort, we defined a strict set of acquisition criteria with a focus on low-risk, value creating transactions in near adjacent spaces including opportunistic acquisitions that accelerate our products run up. We closed on the acquisition of assets from ESI in July for approximately $39 million, acquiring a business that was an extension of the NPAC, as well as a numbering analytics service.
The acquisition was immediately accretive and quickly integrated. In November, we closed on the acquisition of TARGUSinfo, a provider of real time, on-demand information and analytics services for approximately $650 million.TARGUSinfo brought us an infusion of talented people, valuable assets and capabilities and improving track record of innovation. By combining these strengths with NeuStar’s assets and position as a trusted reliable provider of addressing will enhance our scale and create us the opportunity to become a global leader in real time analytics. Read the rest of this transcript for free on seekingalpha.com
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV