Flexsteel Industries, Inc. (NASDAQ:FLXS) today reported net sales for the quarter ended December 31, 2011 of $85.0 million compared to $82.8 million in the prior year quarter, an increase of 2.6%. The Company reported net income for the current quarter of $2.9 million or $0.42 per share compared to net income of $2.1 million or $0.31 per share in the prior year quarter.
For the six months ended December 31, 2011, the Company reported net sales of $166.5 million compared to the prior year sales of $170.1 million, a decrease of 2.1%. The Company reported net income for the current six-month period of $5.3 million or $0.76 per share compared to a net income of $4.5 million or $0.65 per share in the prior year period. The prior year six-month period includes a pre-tax charge of approximately $1.0 million to facility closing costs for employee separation and other closing costs.
For the quarter ended December 31, 2011, residential net sales were $67.0 million, an increase of 5.4% from the prior year quarter net sales of $63.5 million. Commercial net sales were $18.0 million compared to $19.3 million in the prior year quarter, a decrease of 6.5%.
For the six months ended December 31, 2011, residential net sales were $129.5 million compared to residential net sales of $128.8 million in the six months ended December 31, 2010, an increase of 0.6%. Commercial net sales were $37.0 million for the six months ended December 31, 2011 compared to $41.3 million for the six months ended December 31, 2010, a decrease of 10.3%.Gross margin for the quarter ended December 31, 2011 was 24.1% compared to 22.7% in the prior year quarter. For the six months ended December 31, 2011, the gross margin was 23.7% compared to 22.6% for the prior year six-month period. Gross margin for the prior year quarter and six-month period was adversely impacted by inventory write-down of $0.6 million associated with the facility closing.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV