Power management company Eaton (ETN) is faring well in 2012. Already year-to-date, shares of the firm have rallied more than 13%, offsetting some of the downward pressure that shareholders had to deal with in 2011. Last week's dividend hike brings Eaton's dividend yield up to 3% per annum.
Eaton develops and manufactures power management and control systems used by commercial and military users, ranging from powertrain systems for cars to aerospace fuel systems. While that exposure to transports and industrials hasn't spared the firm from downside in the last few years, that customer base has been beneficial to Eaton more recently as industrial spending turns the corner. That's especially true in emerging markets, where Eaton is putting increasing focus right now.From a technical standpoint, this stock looks especially attractive. I talked about Eaton in "5 Big Stocks to Trade for February Gains," where we looked at the throwback this stock was staging off of $47 support. Now could be a good limited-risk buying opportunity.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV