DALLAS, Feb. 2, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Southwest Securities, Inc., the principal broker-dealer subsidiary of SWS Group, Inc. (NYSE: SWS), has announced that Senior Vice President Anton Berends has been named head of Clearing Services. A 13-year veteran of the firm, Mr. Berends will also oversee Southwest Securities' securities lending business.
"Anton has been a valuable member of Southwest Securities' team for over a decade and has earned the respect of both colleagues and clients throughout that time," said James H. Ross, Chief Executive Officer of SWS Group, Inc. "Anton began transitioning into this new role many months ago and his broad experience and industry knowledge uniquely position him to lead our clearing and securities lending businesses."
Mr. Berends worked in Risk Management with former Head of Clearing Services Paul Vinton from 2009 until Mr. Vinton's retirement in December 2011. He joined the firm in 1999 in Clearing Sales, before moving into Relationship Management in 2005. Prior to joining Southwest Securities, Mr. Berends was a business analyst with Triple-I of Colorado. He began his career in the securities industry in 1992 at Raymond James & Associates where he served in a variety of roles.
Southwest Securities, Inc., a member of NYSE, FINRA and SIPC, provides securities brokerage, investment banking and securities clearing services to a broad range of individual, corporate, public and industry clients. The firm is a wholly owned subsidiary of SWS Group, Inc. (NYSE: SWS), a financial services holding company whose stock is listed and traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol, SWS.SOURCE Southwest Securities, Inc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV