Mercury Computer Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ: MRCY, www.mc.com), a trusted provider of commercially developed application-ready ISR and EW subsystems for defense prime contractors, confirmed that it had been previously awarded a contract from a leading telecommunications provider to deliver an integrated signal processing subsystem based on the ATCA ® standard. The high performance subsystem, a ground-based gateway, will enable vital terrestrial-satellite communications for a next-generation mobile satellite system to be used for national security, civilian and humanitarian efforts.
“Mercury has forged a very close relationship with this company, working on a range of satellite-based telecommunications systems and similar programs over a long period of time. Our solutions are known for their maturity, reliability and performance, and our team has earned a reputation for our commitment to supporting the performance goals and ultimate success,” said Didier Thibaud, senior vice president and general manager of Mercury Computer Systems’ Advanced Computing Solutions business unit.
Mercury’s expertise in designing and integrating high performance signal processing subsystems based on the ATCA and RapidIO ® standards was a critical asset in winning this design. Mercury will deliver an ATCA-based platform that implements hundreds of digital signal processors (DSPs), interconnected by the RapidIO switch fabric, to deliver high bandwidth, low latency, deterministic performance. Using proven technology, Mercury’s subsystem provides massive processing power and manufacturing readiness, reduces costs and shortens development cycles. Because it is based on open standards, the solution can be easily upgraded over time.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV