(NYSE:KED) Kayne Anderson Energy Development Company (the “Company”) today announced its financial results for the quarter ended November 30, 2011.
- Net asset value: $23.01 per share; up 4.5% for the quarter and 11.9% for fiscal 2011
- Increased distribution by 2.6% to $0.39 per share in the fourth quarter; increased 30% in fiscal 2011
- Net investment income for fiscal 2011: $2.6 million
- Net realized gains for fiscal 2011: $49.4 million
- Net change in unrealized losses for fiscal 2011: $12.3 million
RESULTS OF OPERATIONS – QUARTER ENDED NOVEMBER 30, 2011
Investment income totaled $3.3 million and consisted primarily of net dividends and distributions and interest income. The Company received $4.8 million of cash dividends and distributions, of which $2.9 million was treated as a return of capital during the period. During the quarter, the Company received $1.4 million of interest income, of which $0.4 million was paid-in-kind interest from ProPetro Services, Inc. (“ProPetro”). The Company also received $0.6 million of paid-in-kind distributions, of which $0.4 million was from VantaCore Partners LP (“VantaCore”). These paid-in-kind distributions are not included in investment income, but are reflected as an unrealized gain.Operating expenses totaled $2.2 million, including $1.4 million of investment management fees; $0.5 million of interest expense and $0.3 million of other operating expenses. Interest expense included $0.1 million of amortization of debt issuance costs. Investment management fees were equal to an annual rate of 1.75% of average total assets. The Company’s net investment income totaled $0.6 million and included a current income tax expense of $0.3 million and a deferred income tax expense of $0.2 million. The Company had net realized losses from investments of $1.3 million, after taking into account a current income tax benefit of $0.3 million and a deferred income tax expense of $1.2 million.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV