PARK RIDGE, N.J., Feb. 2, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- The Hertz Corporation (NYSE: HTZ) today announced the expansion of its car sharing fleet in the greater Washington, D.C. Metropolitan Area, growing its car sharing program, Hertz On Demand in the nation's capital. With a range of cars – from electric vehicles, available at Union Station, and compacts to sedans and SUVs – available both in parking garages, outdoor spaces and in 23 on-street parking spots, the Hertz On Demand fleet in metro Washington, D.C. will be one of the largest and most diverse in the District.
"By making vehicles readily available in more locations, Hertz On Demand is making car sharing more convenient and accessible to Washington, D.C. residents, visitors and workers," commented Mark P. Frissora, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Hertz. "Hertz On Demand is free to join with no annual, membership or late fees. Our member benefits, which far exceed those of our competitors, coupled with our selection of cars really enables members to specifically choose the car they want for the trip they are taking."Hertz On Demand vehicles will be available in all 8 Wards of the District including Union Station, Adams Morgan, Connecticut Avenue NW, Pennsylvania Avenue SE, Anacostia, H St. NE, Logan Circle, Dupont Circle, Columbia Heights, Takoma, Cleveland Park, Friendships Heights, Georgetown, and South Capitol Street. As the program expands, additional locations will be opened throughout the city and surrounding suburbs, including Virginia and Maryland. Local residents and visitors can sign up online, and start reserving cars from one of Hertz On Demand's locations to experience the enhanced member benefits offered by the car sharing club, including:
- Free membership. Hertz On Demand has no enrollment fee or annual membership fee, and offers low hourly and daily rates.
- Rental fleet options will include the Nissan Altima, Mercedes C300, Mitsubishi Endeavor, Cadillac CTS, Fiat 500, Chevy Cruze, Chevy Malibu, Mazda 2, Mazda 3 and Jeep Patriot. All-electric and plug-in hybrid cars, including the smart fortwo electric drive and Nissan LEAF, are also available at Union Station as part of the Hertz Global EV program.
- 180 miles a day(1), gas and insurance included in rates.
- Daily rates on Hertz rental car for longer trips; Ability to rent a car for up to 30 days.
- Unparalleled member service including 24/7 live, in-car assistance from a team of Hertz Member Care experts.
- No late fees. Hertz On Demand members will not receive punitive charges/late fees for the late return of a vehicle.(2)
- The elimination of all membership and renewal fees in the U.S. and Europe
- Guaranteed vehicle availability Monday through Thursday in New York City
- One-way car sharing rentals between 175 locations in the Northeast U.S.
- An expanded car sharing fleet with new vehicles added to the service. The U.S. fleet includes luxury cars, including the Cadillac Escalade Hybrid, Buick Enclave and GMC Acadia; and cars suitable for moving, including the Ford Transit Connect and the Nissan Titan pick-up truck. Additionally, a variety of electric vehicles are available at select locations, including the Chevy Volt, Nissan LEAF, and smart fortwo electric drive
- Simplified reservation process. Hertz On Demand has a newly redesigned member website, www.HertzOnDemand.com, with a simplified reservation process, including one way map routing and reservations, enhanced search capabilities, faster page load times and enhanced details about car makes and models
- Unparalleled Member Service. Hertz On Demand's industry leading, proprietary in-car technology provides members a safe and superior car rental experience. Upon enrolling, members receive a smart chip enabled card which gives them keyless entry to any reserved car. In the vehicle, a hands-free audio kit connects members to an in-house Member Care Center representative - available 24/7, 365 days a year - should they have questions, need assistance or need to extend their reservation. Hertz On Demand is able to "communicate" with the vehicle, enabling representatives to unlock, engage and locate vehicles, and cars are equipped with iPod and Bluetooth connectivity, for hands free driving, as well as EZ Pass transponders.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts