Dynavax Technologies (DVAX) is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers and develops products to prevent and treat infectious diseases, asthma and inflammatory and autoimmune diseases. This stock is trading up 10% at $4.05 in recent trading.
Today's Range: $3.65-$4.2152-Week Range: $1.75-$3.83 Volume: 7.5 million Three-Month Average Volume: 1.6 million Shares of DVAX are soaring today after the company announced that it met with the FDA in a pre-BLA meeting, and Dynavax and the FDA have agreed that in the initial HEPLISAV BLA submission will be for an indication in healthy adults aged 18 to 70. This agreement represents a significant expansion of the previously anticipated population of healthy adults aged 40 and over. From a technical standpoint, DVAX is starting to trigger a major breakout trade today with the stock moving above some near-term overhead resistance at $3.83 on monster volume. This move has now pushed DVAX into territory not seen since early 2008. The next significant overhead resistance level on DVAX sits at around $6, so as long as this breakout holds, traders should look for $6 to get it soon. Dynavax shows up on a recent list of 10 Stocks of Top-Performing Funds in 2012 and was one of 13 Biotech Stocks Bought and Sold by Hedge Funds.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV