Microchip Technology (MCHP)
Company Description: Manufactures semiconductor chips.Dividend Yield: 3.8% Stock Price Performance Year-to-Date/12 Months: 3% / 2% Last quarter's financial results were hurt by weak demand, but cash flow remains strong and the company holds $7 in cash per share on its balance sheet (vs a dividend of $1.39 over the past four quarters). Dividends have steadily increased since the company began paying a dividend in 2002 and will likely continue to do so.
ConocoPhillips (COP) Company Description: Integrated international energy company. Dividend Yield: 3.9% Stock Price Performance Year-to-Date/12 Months: -4% / -3% The pending split of ConocoPhillips (expected in the second quarter of 2012) into two companies (Phillips 66 being the second) will actually benefit current shareholders. ConocoPhillips plans to maintain its $2.64 per share dividend and pay a $0.80 dividend to Phillips 66 shareholders. Doing the math, for every two shares of COP owned, investors will get one share of Phillips 66, which equates to a total dividend of $3.04 per COP share ($2.64 COP dividend + $0.40 for half of the Phillips dividend). Based on current prices, that's a 4.3% yield, more than double the rate of the 10-year Treasury.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV